YANQ Re-Engagement Project
We just received this email from Youth Affairs Network of Queensland.
Dear YANQ members,
As you know, the re-engagement of young people that have rejected or been rejected from mainstream schools in alternative educational experiences is a key issue for the YANQ network, youth workers, and policymakers across Queensland.
As many of you also know, to ensure thoughtful action around the re-engagement issues YANQ is a partner in an Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Grant of $90,000 over the next three years to explore the effectiveness of alternative/flexible educational options available in Queensland. Please see attached brochure for more information.
To make this work possible YANQ must contribute to the project $60,300 (cash and in-kind). For this reason, we are looking for individuals, organisations, and groups that are interested in this work to make financial contributions to the project to ensure its success.
Contributions of ANY size can be designated as:
– General support for the project, including YANQ’s liaison role between researchers, policymakers, and the youth worker field.
- YANQ’s efforts to map the number, type, and location of services currently available to young people in Queensland. This work will leverage regional and national re-engagement mapping efforts.
- Communications efforts for the project. This will include printing costs and distributions for reports, hosting release events, and other efforts to share what we learn with policymakers and the youth worker field.
- Other specific activities that align with your work to support re-engagement of young people state-wide.
Contributers will be considered ‘partners’ in this work and will:
- Receive updates on project progress
- Be named in the brochure, website, and reports
If you, your organisation, or a group you work with is interested in becoming a partner in this work please contact Katrina Brink at email@example.com.